Monday, August 1, 2011

Testing

Went to a more or less fun tournament last Saturday and tried my list for the first and approximately last time before the AGT tournament. I won't give much details on the battles here and just do a short rundown of the games. Also there were only 6 players. Army lists may or may not be correct. ;)

1. Game vs Imperial Guard:
List: 3 vendettas, lots of lascannon heavy weapon teams and troops with lascannons in chimeras, manticore, demolisher and a normal leman russ, some command stuff.
Mission: killpoints
First turn: him

Can't make cover saves for the life of me (I guess I made 4/20) and 3 terminators died their first lasgun(!) hits. Still, utter annihilation as the game ends, he had his manticore, a crippled vendetta, a crippled chimera, a gone to ground troop squad and a three man command squad in close combat left. Epic fail for one of my tactical squads, couldn't kill these 3 imps in close combat even when charging. Also my lone terminator sergeant killed a lascannon squad, a chimera and a vendetta after deep striking and would have killed the last troop squad if the game hadn't ended. Killpoints: Me: many, him: less. ;)

2. Game vs Dark Angels:
List: Belial, terminators with flamer, banner, chainfist and apothecary, 2x multimelta trikes, 2x 3 bikers with 2 meltaguns, 2x 5 man tactical squad with flamer, meltabombs and lascannon razorback, land raider crusader, vindicator, predator with lascannon sponsons and a land speeder with missiles
Mission: 5 objectives
First turn: him

First turn melta shots and charges at two of my rhinos crippled my movement and I only have one objective in my deployment zone. Return fire wiped out the ravenwing, downed his speeder and shook his vindicator. Pushed for his table edge then and my terminators got rid of his vindicator and scared off one of his scoring units. Couldn't kill his terminators even with meltaguns but managed to kill almost everything else. He had his predator and a tactical squad left too. Game ended 1:0 in objectives for me.

3. Game vs Chaos Space Marines:
List: 8 man raptors with 2 meltaguns and power fist, 2x 8 thousand sons with bolt of Tzeentch, daemonprince with mark of Tzeentch, wings and warp time, 10 man troop squad with power fist, plasmagun, lascannon, 3x 2 man obliterator and sorcerer with wings, mark of Slaanesh and lash
First turn: him
Mission: hold table quarters

Wiped out the raptors on my first turn. And then it went downhill for him: wipe out! Still, lost a lot of units but these were mostly my transports. My Terminators ate 2 obliterator squads and made his normal troop squad run of the board. Daemonprince didn't like Nullzone and meltaguns. Got 2 quarters as I didn't run far enough with my troops.

Conclusion:
Assault terminators are awesome. ;)
Got first place, now to wait and see what the AGT brings.

Also:
Won first prize in painting. Yay!

... ok, I didn't get why but what's new there? Got almost last place with the same army at another tournament. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment