Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Austrian Grand Tournament

First Austrian Grand Tournament

5 games, 1750 points, up to 60(?) players, NO ARMYCHOICE!

Competition is a bit dimished though, as the European Team Championships take place on the same date and some (in)famous Austrian players are not present. Still, no army restrictions should see some ... interesting... army builds fielded. I'm not sure how to feel about that but it's worth a try, as some armies are clearly intended to field their special characters as regular HQs, but that imho that means they aren't... well, special. I dread the games where Dante and Mephiston meet Mephiston and Dante and duke it out on six different tables to see who's the imposter in that little skirmish. Also, army strengh balance may be a problem, as some are clearly superior in this regard (BA, Guard, SW,...).

Well, as I still got some months to prepare I'm not quite sold on which army I'm going to field. Options: Black Templars (again), Shade Bearers and Blood Angels. Ok, I still need to finish painting the BA, but I always complete my armies in time.

... and by that I mean about two hours before I we start playing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment